Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tame technorati...

It's important to admit that I'm not a great, big fan of technorati... The site design struck me as being repetitive with different names for multiple tabs/tools that tend to do the same thing; and technorati is also somewhat ad-hoc in it's layout...

I was able to utilise the Quick Claim option to link and identify my personal Sylvester's 23 antics blog and that occurred in a straight forward fashion.


The search results did not vary significantly between blog posts and blog directory findings: 747 results were displayed with the same high priority listings.

Locating the tag searching option was initially quite challenging and required concerted hunting around the site. The search results in that instance were somewhat different: Tame the web blog listings contributed by mstephens7 dominated the results. It all took me back to the good old days of post-graduate Information Systems studies when recall and precision were analysed closely.

The Top 100 blogs and Blogger Central were of some interest, but promoted blogs consistently seemed to be of either a frivolous, egotistical nature; or targeted towards a niche audience. That might seem too critical, but despite my persistent search efforts, those were my findings.

Taming of technorati was not successfully accomplished by Sylvester the cat!

No comments: